Art and Gifts
Just the facts:
- Born to two trained fine artists who taught and won prizes (father now listed in Who Was Who in American Art)
- involved in all kinds of crafts for many years: jewelry, lots of hand painted stuff, wire sculpture, polymer clay sculpture, hot glue jewelry, hand painted soft sculpture, t-shirts, etc.
I sold my jewelry to a handful of stores in different states over the years when I was visiting.
- Composed a web site doing my dog breed designs (cats too) and put my designs on lots of products. Was working 60 to 70 hours a week and then . . .
- Blessed the day I discovered a "Print on Demand" web site in 2004. My near retirement husband was able to quit early. Designs were nearly all dog related + I had discovered inserting dogs into some of the most famous masterpieces in the world was something people loved. I later branched out into doing cats, llamas, horses and guinea pigs.
- Was blessed to be chosen to appear in the book "Decorative Painting for Fun and Profit" by Susan Young in 2000.
- In 2016, a children's book I illustrated won first place in the animals/pets category in the 2016 International Book Awards. It also won the Mom's Choice Award - DOGS: A Kid's Book of Dog Breeds
Lately I love experimenting with encaustic wax paint. I basically keep busy creating to stay as close to sane as I can. I am compelled. I relate to something Grandma Moses said: "Painting's not important. The important thing is keeping busy." I would add "doing what you love."
My dog, cat and other pet related designs on products produced by Cafe Press are at: http://www.HeartBridgeGallery.com I also post designs at http://www.Curioos.com/jeananbfitzgeraldart and offer my handscrafted thiings at Etsy.com
Thanks for looking.